How Ottawa Organics Handles your data
In our mission to connect local people with local food year-round, we collect your personal information when you register or make a purchase from Ottawa Organics or when you register for our weekly newsletter.
These are the types of data we collect
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, Postal code, City
Usage data is collected automatically when you visit Ottawa Organics. Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access our service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the site by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Ottawa Organics, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Data
Ottawa Organics may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give you access to different functionalities of our website that are available to you as a registered user.
- To process orders, purchases and subscriptions.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To attend and manage Your requests to us.
- We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Ottawa Organics will not sell, trade, rent or in anyway share your information with any third party without obtaining your explicit permission with the exception of any third-party services that we require to operate our business such as payment gateways, delivery routing system, website analytic services, third party delivery services, etc.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about you. Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service. You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. Ottawa Organics implements many methods to protect your data, including physical, procedural, and electronic. Some of the ways we protect your information include implementing SSL for all website activities, adhering to PCI compliance requirements and only partnering with recognized third-party vendors with documented security policies and procedures.